Monday, July 23, 2012

Touch of Roots / ಬೇರು ಸ್ಪರ್ಶ

Visited the land of green and cool, silence and peace, - Malnad - place of my birth and growing years -  Manchale in Sagar-Shimoga.

 Touched by the reception I got in Siddapur where I was invited by the Ganesh Hegde Foundation to distribute  its inaugural/annual award (this year)  to  Educational Field conferred to Canara Welfare Trust as well as by the sensitive and intelligent response got by the audience at Sagar where I was invited to deliver Special Lecture on 'Problems and Challenges in Education Today' under LT Thimmappa Hegde Foundation.

Love and affection, respect and concern, shown by all including my kith and kin there was indeed unbound.

ಓ ಇರುವೇ, ಈ ನೆಲ ಜನ ಋಣ ತೀರಿಸಬಲ್ಲೆನೆ? ಕಾಲದ ( ೭೦ ಕ್ಕೆ ) ಅಂಚಿ ನಲ್ಲಿರುವವ ತೀರಿಸುವುದಾದರೂ ಎನಿತು?

Gopal Shabaraya and his mother, my firends, nay my extended family, who joined me in the travel in my car made the travel and stay enchanting indeed without whom perhaps I would not have undertaken the trip.






No comments: